Friday, October 7, 2011

Week 2: Searching the web and writing learning objectives

So far Google had been the only choice for my web searches. I looked at Noodletools' “Choose the Best Search for your Information Needs” where I could learn about such a big variety of search engines. I found ways to improve search at the link “Web Searching Tech Tip,” like the use of quotes to narrow it down.

I searched for “the fall of the Berlin Wall” for my Cultural Studies class. I tried several search engines and I found sites with vast amounts of information on that topic, including timelines, photographs, videos, etc.

Also, I found the ABCD method of writing objectives very useful. I am convinced clear objectives serve a valuable function for teachers to design better lessons. Reading examples of well-written objectives was very helpful to be able to write the learning objective for my class. I learned that the choice of verbs determines the expected learning level.

In short, I feel I am in a much better position for teaching now that I have learned how to expand web search and write well-defined objectives for my classes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Myriam

    Using quotes is a great tip. There are more advanced search features ion google as well that you should try to explore if you haven't yet been able to.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete