Friday, September 30, 2011

Week 1: Creating an academic blog

I managed to create my self reflective teaching blog successfully following the given instructions. I had been helped to create a blog before, but now I am really happy because I have been able to do it on my own.

I think blogs are a great language learning tool nowadays. For example, in my Cultural Studies lessons, there is much discussion all the time, so I find a class blog is an ideal space for students to reflect more deeply on themes touched upon in class.

Now I have to learn how to take the best advantage of this tool to encourage students to participate and keep them interested in using it. The ultimate goal is to enhance their learning and I believe this tool can help a great deal!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Myriam

    Great job of doing it by yourself! Yes, I agree, the hard part of maintaining a blog now begins. And one thing I find I do is I always play with the format and layout and tools, so that a blog is never truly done. It's not like a traditional written work, such as an article or book, in that way.

    Could you try to change the default language to English to make it easier for leaving comments and navigating.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Myriam,

    You must be feeling great by finishing your blog. As you were saying, blogs are a great language learning tool and by writing and commenting on the blog students writing and reasoning skills could be improved.

    Roza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Myriam,
    congratulations for your work.

    Also,a blog is an ideal space for developing a project,especially if the project is a shared one between several classes or even classes in different countries.
    I hope to activate our blogs.

    Regards,
    Maryam

    ReplyDelete